The Deli Expert Panel offers tips, pairing tips, tutorials and templates to help shoppers build their best planks.
Posted: October 26, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EDT|Update: 5 hours ago
BATAVIA, Ill., October 26, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Nothing says a fun vacation like a robust and inviting charcuterie board, and ALDI is helping hosts and foodies take their boards to a whole new level with its first-ever âCharcuterie Boardâ . This panel of deli lovers has been brought together to inspire novices and connoisseurs alike in the quest to build the most innovative and festive planks of this holiday season.
Meet the Board of Directors of ALDI Charcuterie
The board of directors of the Charcuterie is made up of seven professionals from gastronomy, wine and all that is delicious. Their unique expertise not only defines their role on the board, but also serves as a solution to any deli conundrum.
- Kim brazington is a distinguished cheese professional certified by the American Cheese Society and oversees the entire cheese selection for ALDI stores nationwide. His talent (and nose) for cheese helps curate a robust selection of delicious, award-winning cheeses at incredibly low prices. As an official Queen of cheeses, Kim inspires unexpected combos to elevate any board to a culinary sensation.
- Sarah Crawford (@bromabakery) is the Bostonfood blogger behind Broma Bakery and founder and creator of the Foodtography School. As designated Smooth talker, his expertise in sugar in the kitchen translates into a surprisingly sweet touch on traditional charcuterie boards.
- Gaby Dalkin (@whatsgabycookin) is an LA-based chef, recipe developer and best-selling author whose California-style cuisine has captured the hearts and stomachs of foodies around the world. The Head of Charcuterie will pave the way for boards that explode with full sensory flavor.
- Rosalynn Daniels (@rosalynndaniels) from Atlanta is a lifestyle expert with a passion for recreating memorable dining and entertainment experiences every day. As a resident Family gourmet, she merges her love of cosmopolitan style with the realities of family life to build a board that’s as beautiful as it is enjoyable, even for the most picky eaters.
- Kasim Hardaway (@kasimjhardaway) from Kansas City is an environmental specialist turned foodie and food photographer with an insatiable appetite and a thriving foodstagram channel. The Realistic recipe Break it down so any board can be accessed while still being delicious and drool-worthy.
- Marissa mullen (@thatcheeseplate) is a Brooklynbestselling author, food stylist and creator of Cheese By Number method, a step-by-step approach to styling a unique spread. His global online community and ability to help create the perfect picture every time has earned him the title of Spread stylist.
- Sarah tracey (@thelushlife) is a New York City sommelier who delights her social media followers with inspirational wine tastings and food pairings, as well as entertaining trendy tips. The truth Wine whisperer will make sure each board has the perfect companion to sip on every time.
Charcuterie boards have long been favorites for pre-meals in restaurants and as centerpieces for home entertaining. However, conventional appetizer spreads are being reinvented as creative grazing platters for all occasions and seasons. As the culinary trend progresses, the quest for inspiration and advice grows: Online deli searches have increased by almost 300% in the past 12 months. *
Given this general urge to create a fabulous display of meats, cheeses and more, the board of directors of ALDI Charcuterie will offer board style advice through stop-motion videos, virtual demonstrations and a range of construction models by number, available at www.aldi.us/charcuterie.
Once inspired, making a #ALLALDI charcuterie board is as easy as a quick shopping or curbside pickup at your nearest ALDI store. While in-store, customers should look for the “Charcuterie Board Must-Have” buying guide and labels on a range of cold cuts, cheeses and additional accessories to ensure they are full. favorite cold cuts or find new products to complete a nice board.
âWhether someone is looking for proven combinations for their first board or a confident foodie who wants to experiment with new combinations, our goal is to inspire board builders of all skill levels with awesome ideas. , accessible and affordable, âsaid Kim brazington, the Queen of Cheese on the Board of Directors of ALDI Charcuterie and Purchasing Director of ALDI for cheese. âThe ALDI team has selected the deli staples that are easy to spot in stores this season. With a few tips, a little inspiration and a wide selection of cheeses, meats and other premium products. need in our aisles, ALDI has what buyers need to build boards they will be proud to serve. “
Advice from ALDI taste makers
The perfect charcuterie board includes five key elements:
- Cheese: crumbly, soft, hard or aged, you really can’t go wrong with cheese. Variety adds interest to a board. Cheese Queen Kim crowned Emporium Selection Blue Cheese Wedge and 4-Year Aged Cheddar among her favorites.
- Meat: Take a variety of meats – some cured, some spicy, and some thinly sliced ââto please the crowd. Italian Priano cured meats, including speck, salami, and prosciutto, are all board approved.
- Crunchy: Whether it’s crackers, carrots, breadsticks or toasted nuts, crunchy foods add texture to every bite. Specially selected Crostini crackers and Southern Grove pistachios add the perfect touch to any board.
- Sweet: From sweet melon and tomato to a sweeter fig and chocolate spread, complement the savory flavors with sweet flavors. Try the Choceur dark or milk chocolate coated almonds, which are endorsed by Sweet Talker Sarah.
- Salty: Salty foods like olives, mustard, and pickles bring out other flavors. Start with the specially selected, board-certified, cheese-stuffed olive queens and add them from there.
For advice and inspiration for board building, visit www.aldi.us/charcuterie and check out ALDI United States and the Instagram pages of the Charcuterie Board of Directors. Proud board builders can also share their charcuterie creations on social media, mention @ALDIUSA and use the hashtag #ALLALDI for a chance to earn the charcuterie board seal of approval and bragging rights. on social networks.
About ALDI US
ALDI is one of America’s fastest growing retailers, serving millions of customers across the country every month. With more than 2,100 stores in 37 states, ALDI is on track to become the third largest grocery retailer by number of stores by the end of 2022. In terms of value, ALDI will not be beaten on price. For 10 consecutive years, ALDI has held the estimated Value Leader title among American grocery stores according to the latest Market Force InformationÂ® US Grocery Competitive Study **, and ALDI has been # 1 for prices according to the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index Report. for four consecutive years. Since 1976, ALDI has offered a unique shopping experience where customers buy differentliÂ® and never have to compromise on quality, selection or value. In fact, 1 in 3 ALDI branded products are awarded. *** Customers can save time and money by purchasing easily in-store or online at shop.aldi.us. ALDI is also proud to be a leadership partner of Feeding America, donating 30 million pounds of food each year to end hunger in America. For more information on ALDI, visit aldi.us.
* Based on TrendKite analysis of media coverage of deli boards from 2019 to 2021. ** Based on annual surveys of U.S. consumers conducted in 2011-18 and 2020 by Market Force Information.Â® *** As of January 2021, based on a survey of exclusive ALDI branded products distributed nationwide daily (excluding products).
View original content to download multimedia:
The above press release has been provided courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions and statements contained in the press release are not endorsed by Gray Media Group and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.