A template is a pre-formatted document. The purpose of creating a template is to save time when it comes to using particular documents over and over again. You can create templates for any type of document like forms, letters, envelopes, etc. In this article, we will describe how to create a Calendar template in OneNote. Once you’ve created a calendar template, you can use it in any of your OneNote notebooks to save time when formatting.
Is there a calendar template in OneNote?
OneNote does not have a built-in calendar template. You can create your own calendar templates by following the process described in this article. If you want, you can also set your default calendar template.
How to create a OneNote calendar template
To create a calendar template in OneNote, you need to insert a table and then format it. The steps below will guide you on how to do this. All of these steps are applicable for Microsoft OneNote 2016. The interface may vary for other versions of OneNote, however, the process will remain the same.
- Launch the Microsoft OneNote desktop app.
- Select the notepad to create a calendar template. Or you can create a new notebook for the same.
- Now go to “Insert> Table”And select the required number of rows and columns. Usually a calendar template requires 5 rows and 7 columns. But you can also create a table with 7 rows and 5 columns in case you want to mention the names of the days vertically.
- After creating a table, the next step is to fill it with dates and days. You can also add or remove rows and columns in a table. To do this, right-click on a cell, then click Table, and then select the option you want. If you want to change the width of a row, place your mouse cursor over the cell boundary so that the cursor turns into a double-headed arrow. Now hold the left click of your mouse and drag it to adjust the width of the line.
- If you want, you can format the table. Here we are going to make the names of the days bold and set a background color for the same. You can format your calendar as per your choice. Select the entire row or column in which you wrote the names of the days and press Ctrl + B. To set the background color, select the row or column again and go to “Layout> Shading»And select the color of your choice. If you want to change the alignment of the text in the table, select it and click Disposition. Now select the appropriate alignment option in the Alignment section.
Your calendar is ready. To save it as a template, select the entire table, then navigate to “Insert> Page Templates“and select it Save current page as template option. You will find it at the bottom right. After that, name your model and click on to safeguard. Your saved model will be available in the My models section.
To insert the calendar template into your notebook, go to “Insert> Page Templates” and expand the My Templates section on the right side.
Note that currently this feature is only available in the OneNote desktop app.
Read: How to create Outlook tasks in OneNote.
How do I import a template into OneNote?
You can import any template into OneNote by following the steps below:
- Launch the OneNote desktop app.
- Go to “File> Open. “
- Scroll down and click on the Browse button.
- Now go to the location where you downloaded the template.
- Select the model and click on the Open button.
Similar article: How to hide table borders in OneNote.